lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael McCandless" <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Commit LUCENE-843 (IndexWriter performance gains)
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2007 12:44:52 GMT

Ahh, right, I will update fileformats.xml & re-build html/PDF
(with Forrest 0.8) before committing.

The only downside I have now is if you do flush by RAM (which gives
best performance), you have to be very careful to work around
LUCENE-845 by also setting maxBufferedDocs to be something "around"
the right number.  However this downside should go away once we
resolve LUCENE-845 (which is next on my stack, after the "multiple
writers over NFS" that's in progress now!).

I will also plant a tag just before committing.

Thanks for reviewing, everyone!  I will give it another day or so and
then commit.

Mike