lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael McCandless" <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject ant jar-core is slow
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2007 15:41:15 GMT
I've noticed that "ant jar-core" walks the full subtree; this is very
slow and in fact is deadly when wikipedia XML has been unpacked (~3.2
million files under contrib/benchmark/work/enwiki!).

I've tracked it down to this nested element in the jar task in
common-build.xml:

  <metainf dir=".">
    <patternset refid="metainf.includes"/>
  </metainf>

which references this "metainf.includes" patternset:

  <patternset id="metainf.includes">
    <exclude name="**/*"/>
  </patternset>

Does this rule just exclude everything?  (I'm not very familiar w/ the
syntax here).  EG I don't see anything besides LICENSE.txt and NOTICE.txt
and MANIFEST.MF under the "META-INF" dir in the released 2.2.0 core JAR, so
it seems like this rule isn't doing anything?

Mike