lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mathieu Lecarme <math...@garambrogne.net>
Subject Re: for a better spellchecker
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2007 20:19:12 GMT
The SpellChecker code mix indexing function, ngram treatment, and
querying functions. Extending it will not produce clean code.
Is it relevant to first refactor SpellChecker code for extracting
dictionary reading function and indexing/searching functions?
SpellChecker will get a method to add SpellEngine interface wich
looks like

interface SpellEngine {
	public void addWord(String word);
	public String[] suggestSimilar(String word, int numSug);
}

and something to sort suggestions, like "distance" from suggested word.

M.