lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Lucene 2.2.0 release available
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2007 19:57:08 GMT

: > The links to the new features don't work for me, I always end up on the API
: > overview page. Shouldn't the links be e.g.
: >
: > http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_2_0/api/org/apache/lucene/document/Field.html
: >
: > instead of
: >
: > http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_2_0/api/index.html?org/apache/lucene/document/Field.html

the query string based links trigger javascript in the index.html frameset
page to load the specific class mentioned in the main frame.  if
javascript is off (or a browser is used that doesn't like the javascript)
it defaults to the main index.

: Anyway, I will change the links as you suggest to point to the no-frames
: version of the
: javadocs. Then those links shouldn't cause problems anymore. Thanks!

that's probably teh safest thing anyway ... and improves the SEO value of
those links.

-Hoss