lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project lucene-java (in module lucene-java) failed
Date Sat, 16 Jun 2007 04:06:53 GMT

: I just got a clean copy of the lucene trunk and I can build the
: project without any problems. I first guessed that the 3rd party lib
: could not be downloaded during the build process but according to
: http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/lucene-java/lucene-java/gump_work/build_lucene-java_lucene-java.html
: this seems to be rather a classpath problem?!
:
: Does this happen every day?!

it's sporadic, but the frequency definitely seems to have increased a bit
lately.  I recently tried to email the gump folks about a related problem
with contrib/bdb and got no response (but searching for it in the archives
now i see that someone did respond, just not to me or the lucene list...

http://www.nabble.com/-GUMP%40vmgump-%3A-Project-lucene-java-%28in-module-lucene-java%29-failed-tf3860340.html#a10941228
http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A--GUMP%40vmgump-%3A-Project-lucene-java-%28in-module-lucene-java%29-failed-tf3862915.html#a10943423

...it's not clear to me how gump works, or how it builds things, but it
seems evident from that reply that it doesn't really care what
your build.xml says about how to compile the code, it has it's own way of
dealing with dependencies.

If anyone on this list cares about gump, perhaps they would be interested
in subscribing to the gump mailing list and working with the gump
community to make gump play nicer with our build system -- by all means
feel free.

-Hoss