lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Lucene 2.2 soon?
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2007 19:05:18 GMT

: yet incorporate voting.  In the past, we've not always voted on release
: artifacts, but that's Apache policy.  A release should not be made
: unless its binary file has at least 3 +1 votes from PMC members.  I

Is that really a hard and fast policy?  My reading of the voting policy
docs is that only "Votes on Code Modification" have a strict "PMC
members have the only binding votes" while other types of votes allow the
definiton of 'binding' to be "community-specific" ... i was under the
impression that in the past the lucene community has treated all committer
votes for releases as binding.

-Hoss