lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Smith <>
Subject Re: Lucene upload to Maven 2 repository
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2007 00:59:53 GMT

Attached is a quick patch for the lucene-core pom so that it does
compile and package successfully:

mvn -f lucene-core.pom.xml package

Ends up with a binary jar in the target/ sub-folder

mvn assembly:assembly

Creates a source distribution in the target folder too.  I'm assuming
Lucene requires 1.4 compiled code (default Maven is 1.3).

Possibly need to refactor some of this pom, eventually, into the
parent pom, but it does build cleanly, other than the weird @version@
still appearing.  I think that is because you are using ant as the
primary build mechanism and forking some 'mavenness'.

We've been mavenizing the log4j project, so I'm gaining some
experience with this sort of stuff.

On 19/06/2007, at 10:40 AM, Michael Busch wrote:

> Paul Smith wrote:
>> quick check, I haven't tried the maven build system for lucene
>> yet, but getting a clean trunk, and doing this:
>>  mvn -f lucene-parent-pom.xml -Dversion=2.2 install
>> It appears to be ignoring the version property:
>> Installing /workspace/lucene-svn/lucene-parent-pom.xml to /Users/
>> paulsmith/.m2/repository/org/apache/lucene/lucene-parent/@version@/
>> lucene-parent-@version@.pom
>> Am I missing something ?
> Yes... there is no maven build system for Lucene yet ;-)
> We actually build with ant and use the maven-ant-tasks to deploy
> the m2 artifacts. The pom.xml files in trunk are templates. The ant
> target "generate-maven-artifacts" takes those templates, replaces
> the @version@ by the actual version number and creates a maven dist
> directory where it deploys all the artifacts for the ibiblio upload.
> - Michael
> For additional commands, e-mail:

Paul Smith
Core Engineering Manager

The easy way to save time and money on your project

696 Bourke Street, Melbourne,
VIC 3000, Australia
Tel: +61 3 9240 0200  Fax: +61 3 9240 0299

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee.
The contents may be privileged, confidential and/or subject to
copyright or other applicable law. No confidentiality or privilege is
lost by an erroneous transmission. If you have received this e-mail
in error, please let us know by reply e-mail and delete or destroy
this mail and all copies. If you are not the intended recipient of
this message you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in
reliance on it. The sender takes no responsibility for the effect of
this message upon the recipient's computer system.

View raw message