lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene 2.2
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2007 20:49:19 GMT
+1 Thanks for taking the lead on this Michael.  I hate to ask you to
do more when you already have done so much, but, If you have the
time, can you do a post-mortem to make sure the release checklist is
up to date on the Wiki with all the things you did, esp. the Maven
stuff.  Let me know  if I can help.

Also, I am +1 for this being our new release process.  I think having
that emphasis on documentation every release is a really good thing.
Maybe in a few releases we won't need it (somehow I doubt it,) but
for now it is a good thing.

I also think we should take turns doing the actual release (although,
I think it could be beneficial to have the same person do it at least
twice in a row, so that they can apply any lessons learned the second
time around to making it better).

-Grant

On Jun 18, 2007, at 3:08 PM, Yonik Seeley wrote:

> On 6/17/07, Michael Busch <buschmic@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Please vote to officially release the release artifacts located at
>> http://people.apache.org/~buschmi/staging_area/lucene-2.2.0/ as
>> Lucene 2.2.
>
> +1
>
> Great job guys!