lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mathieu Lecarme <math...@garambrogne.net>
Subject using a french specific analyser without stemming
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2007 09:19:12 GMT
For a project with a lot ofLucene search (via Compass), I had some
troubles with stemming. Stemming is nice for enlarge search range,
but make completion strange.
So FrenchAnalyzer was not usable. A simpler StandardAnalyzer makes
the job right, except for some french speciality, like elision. In
french "the plane" is translated by "l'avion" and not "le avion", and
the StandardTokenizer, used by StandardFilter can't tokenize it
right. So, I make a specific filter (ElisionFilter), how can I give
it to Lucene? With a Jira ticket, with the mailing list?

M.