lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Busch <busch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene upload to Maven 2 repository
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2007 00:40:47 GMT
Paul Smith wrote:
> quick check, I haven't tried the maven build system for lucene yet,
> but getting a clean trunk, and doing this:
>
>  mvn -f lucene-parent-pom.xml -Dversion=2.2 install
>
> It appears to be ignoring the version property:
>
> Installing /workspace/lucene-svn/lucene-parent-pom.xml to
> /Users/paulsmith/.m2/repository/org/apache/lucene/lucene-parent/@version@/lucene-parent-@version@.pom

> Am I missing something ?

Yes... there is no maven build system for Lucene yet ;-)

We actually build with ant and use the maven-ant-tasks to deploy the m2
artifacts. The pom.xml files in trunk are templates. The ant target
"generate-maven-artifacts" takes those templates, replaces the @version@
by the actual version number and creates a maven dist directory where it
deploys all the artifacts for the ibiblio upload.

- Michael