lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Stefano Fornari" <stefano.forn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Recreating a document from its index
Date Thu, 17 May 2007 10:06:35 GMT
Hi Daniel,
thanks a lot. I see part of the email was more for the users list.
However, assuming this is not what I want (I do not want to be able to
reconstruct a document or a good approximation of it), would it be
very disruptive for Lucene architecture avoid to store the positions?
Would it be a change that would touch the core of the library or the
indexing engine?

I will do my investigation in the code, but maybe the experts here
have already a piece of the answer.

Thanks agains.

Stefano

On 5/17/07, Daniel Naber <lucenelist2005@danielnaber.de> wrote:
> On Thursday 17 May 2007 00:58, Stefano Fornari wrote:
>
> > I have a question to which I could not answer reading the
> > documentation and searching the mailing list archive:
>
> This actually belongs more to the user list...  try Luke and click on the
> "Reconstruct & Edit" button, then on the "Tokenized" tab. This will show
> you what can be recreated. This depends on the stopwords and the other
> normalizations made by the Analyzer.
>
> Regards
>  Daniel
>
> --
> http://www.danielnaber.de

Stefano Fornari - Funambol Chief Architect / Funambol CTO
Home:
http://www.funambol.org

Documents:
http://www.funambol.org/documentation/documents.html