lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Stefano Fornari" <>
Subject Re: Recreating a document from its index
Date Thu, 17 May 2007 10:06:35 GMT
Hi Daniel,
thanks a lot. I see part of the email was more for the users list.
However, assuming this is not what I want (I do not want to be able to
reconstruct a document or a good approximation of it), would it be
very disruptive for Lucene architecture avoid to store the positions?
Would it be a change that would touch the core of the library or the
indexing engine?

I will do my investigation in the code, but maybe the experts here
have already a piece of the answer.

Thanks agains.