lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Andi Vajda <va...@osafoundation.org>
Subject Re: Tests, Contribs, and Releases
Date Wed, 30 May 2007 05:52:21 GMT

On Tue, 29 May 2007, Chris Hostetter wrote:

> : > ...the issue of what to do about contrib/db/bdbd's native library
> : > dependencies should definitely be discussed.
> :
> : As the maintainer of the contrib/db tree, I should point out that indeed,
> : the bdb part depends on a C release of Sleepycat's (now Oracle) Berkeley DB.
>
> Andi: could you please test the most recent patch in LUCENE-885 and give
> any feedback you have on the "SanityLoadLibrary" approach I've taken to
> check if the db/bdb unit tests should be run?
>
> Barring objections i'm planning to commit all of these test-conrtib
> changes in a few days.

   Hoss,

Looks good. I tested it with Berkeley DB 4.4.20 and verified that
without DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH set correctly on my Mac, the SanityLoadLibrary class
would fail to load the lib. With that env var properly set though, the
SanityLoadLibrary class succeeds and the db/bdb tests run correctly.

One minor bug, the new 'no-dbd-lib' variable in db/bdb/build.xml should be
spelled 'no-bdb-lib' (bdb instead of dbd).

Thanks for doing this !

Andi..