lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Andi Vajda <va...@osafoundation.org>
Subject Re: Tests, Contribs, and Releases
Date Sat, 19 May 2007 06:58:09 GMT

On Fri, 18 May 2007, Andi Vajda wrote:

> If the Runtime.loadLibrary() API can load the bdb native library, the tests
> should be run, else they should be skipped with a warning. [1]
>
>> i suppose we could just define bdb test target to only run if some new
>> "test.contrib.db.bdb" property is set -- and if not, echo a big fat
>> wraning anytime anyone attempts to run the test.
>
> Yep.

According to the Berkeley DB Java/C interface sources, this call look like:
   - on Unix
     System.loadLibrary("libdb_java-" + VERSION_MAJOR + "." + VERSION_MINOR)
   - on Windows
     System.loadLibrary("libdb_java" + VERSION_MAJOR + VERSION_MINOR)

If the call succeeds, then the tests should be run.
The supported versions are 4.3.29 and 4.4.20 (set with a property in the bdb
contrib build.xml).
Therefore libs like libdb_java43.dll on Windows or libdb_java-4.4.so on Unix
should be present. Note that the lib file extension is omitted with the
loadLibrary call.

Andi..