lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Tests, Contribs, and Releases
Date Sat, 19 May 2007 07:16:41 GMT
:
: According to the Berkeley DB Java/C interface sources, this call look like:
:    - on Unix
:      System.loadLibrary("libdb_java-" + VERSION_MAJOR + "." + VERSION_MINOR)
:    - on Windows
:      System.loadLibrary("libdb_java" + VERSION_MAJOR + VERSION_MINOR)

really? ... can you give a link to that, it seems weird that the call
would be differnet (since my reading of the loadLibrary javadocs is that
the method is suppose to abstract away all of the OS specifics for native
library filenames / locations.

is there perhaps a BDB "static boolean libCanBeLoaded()" method that
could be used so we aren't reinventing a wheel?

-Hoss