lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <>
Subject Re: Recreating a document from its index
Date Thu, 17 May 2007 18:11:08 GMT

: thanks a lot. I see part of the email was more for the users list.
: However, assuming this is not what I want (I do not want to be able to
: reconstruct a document or a good approximation of it), would it be
: very disruptive for Lucene architecture avoid to store the positions?
: Would it be a change that would touch the core of the library or the
: indexing engine?

see this thread, starting with this particular message...

And for the record: the dev list is more geared for questions/discussions
about changing/improving the APIs/internals once you already have a
specific idea in mind about changing hte internals ... if the nature of
your question is: "is this possible" or "what would it take to make this
possible" you should start with the user list.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message