lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: IndexWriter shutdown
Date Thu, 17 May 2007 17:58:12 GMT

I'm not certain, but would parts of your goal be achieved by the work i've
seen floating arround Jira to refactor th MergePolicy so that it can be
handled by multiple thrads? ... if MergePolicies are refactored into their
own class with ways of indicating when/if/how a merge should be done, then
perhaps there could be an InteruptibleMergePolicy that could abort the
merge when you tickle one of it's methods.

: My question is if people think that the shutdown feature is something we
: would like to add to the Lucene core? If yes, I can go ahead and attach

-Hoss