lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Nightly javadocs not being updated?
Date Mon, 07 May 2007 23:17:11 GMT

: I don't see that nightly builds need to be on lucene.apache.org.
: lucene.zones.apache.org is a fine host for such build artifacts.  No one
: should rely on nightly builds.  These are not releases, and, for legal
: reasons, we should not not make them look like releases.

i have no opinion about where the nightly build zip/jar files wind
up ... or honestly if we have them available for download at all ... i'm
mainly concerend with the forrest generated docs (already copied to
lucene.apache.org) and the javadocs ... having hte javadocs on
lucene.apache.org seems better then lucene.zones.apache.org:8000 both for
SEO reasons reasons, but also because serving static files seems a
lot safer then relying on both the "zone" and hudson being up and running
properly.  Also a failed build should mean that the javadocs aren't
available -- just that the last successful javadocs are available.  (i'm
not sure if this is currently a problem with the way Hudson is being used)

-Hoss