lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doron Cohen <>
Subject enabling java assertions in the tests
Date Thu, 31 May 2007 22:30:23 GMT

While testing LUCENE-866 I realized that Java assertions
are disabled when *I* run 'ant test'.

Others did have the assertion executed and causing that
NPE. So I am not sure if this is general problem or only
a Windows one.

Compile wise we are ok, having "-source 1.4".
At runtime, assertions can be enabled by running "java -ea".
Using ant, setting "ANT_ARGS=-ea" is supposed to have the
same effect, but it doesn't, at least not for me.

to the <junit> task would enable assertions during tests
regardless of ANT_OPTS variable (and hopefully on all OSs).

Anyone sees a problem with adding this?

Btw, I think we can/should use Java asserts more (there are
currently only 4 active asserts under trunk/java).

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message