lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doron Cohen <DOR...@il.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Tests, Contribs, and Releases
Date Thu, 17 May 2007 17:39:11 GMT
Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote on 17/05/2007 04:09:59:

> +1 on running the contrib tests.  +1 for a policy that tests should
> be run when building a release.

+1 for both as well.

In fact I would rename current target "test" to "test-core"
and make a new target "test" which depends on both "test-core"
and "test-contrib". That way during developing you can run
"test-core" - that should be quicker. But the nightly and the
policies for "check-in" and "release" remain syntactically
the same, running the (now broader) target "test".

I am not fond of removing a contrib part from the release
because its tests fail - I would like to believe that we
can fix whatever contrib tests are failing before any release.

Doron