lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doron Cohen <DOR...@il.ibm.com>
Subject Re: IndexWriter shutdown
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 17:42:39 GMT
Antony Bowesman wrote:
> Another use this may have is that mini-optimize operations could be
> done at more
> regular intervals to reduce the time for a full optimize.  I could
> then schedule
> mini-optimise to run for a couple of minutes at more frequent intervals.

This seems to assume the proposed feature allows to continue an
interrupted merge at a later time, from where it was stopped. But
if I understood correctly then the proposed feature does not work
this way - so all the (uncommitted) work done until shutdown will
be "lost" - i.e. next merge() would start from scratch.