lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doron Cohen <DOR...@il.ibm.com>
Subject RE: IndexWriter shutdown
Date Wed, 23 May 2007 16:29:56 GMT

Steven Parkes wrote on 22/may/2007:

> I think something like what Michael has suggested is a good
> idea, but I would be in favor of putting it in the core,
> rather than making it a derived thing for a single Directory
> implementation. Seems to me like it's a pretty small code
> change for a very nice thing to have. Doesn't seem to add
> much complexity.

I was thinking of how this can be made a "core logic". If we
regard the "shutdown()" op/status as system wide, ie static,
perhaps the shutdown feature can be supported only for
implementations of BufferedIndexOutput?

If so, would it work to check for a shutdown request in
two locations only:
  BufferedIndexOutput.writeBytes(byte[],int,int)
  BufferedIndexOutput.flush()

Doron