lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Nightly javadocs not being updated?
Date Thu, 10 May 2007 13:29:09 GMT
I don't have a problem w/ serving the dev. resources from zones.  I
think the issue that me and some others have is that the Forrest docs
and the Java docs feel like a bit more than just developer resources,
even if they are based on nightly checkouts of the docs and source.
The zones URL is quite clunky, for starters (although, I am sure that
could be fixed), and it hasn't always been stable.  Plus, my
understanding of watching the infra. thread on the issue was that
zones is not really setup for the kind of traffic the main site
receives (but correct me if I misunderstood) whereas p.a.o seems to
have the necessary infrastructure in place.

-Grant

On May 9, 2007, at 6:15 PM, Doug Cutting wrote:

> Grant Ingersoll wrote:
>> nightly docs and javadocs on p.a.o.
>
> Why can't these be on zones?  We can put a redirect on p.a.o if we
> like, but what's the problem with serving these internal developer
> resources from zones?  Wouldn't that avoid a lot of hassle?
>
> Doug

Grant Ingersoll
Center for Natural Language Processing
http://www.cnlp.org/tech/lucene.asp