lucene-dev mailing list archives

From robert engels <reng...@ix.netcom.com>
Subject Re: Various Ideas from ApacheCon
Date Tue, 08 May 2007 05:48:37 GMT
I am not sure I agree with that.

Document management systems are quite common these days, and people
are used to "checking out" a document, making changes, and checking
the entire document back in.

In many ways Lucene can be viewed as a self-contained document mngt
system if you store every field.

If the user is savvy enough to 'rebuild' their documents from an
external source, then the fields do not need to be stored (just the
OID field for convenience).