lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: common-build.xml missing from nightly build
Date Wed, 16 May 2007 01:05:46 GMT
The source should be packaged as a separate download and is titled as
lucene-nightly-src.tar.gz (http://lucene.zones.apache.org:8080/hudson/
job/Lucene-Nightly/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/trunk/dist/lucene-
nightly-src.tar.gz)

I just downloaded from the zones URL and confirm that common-build,
etc. is in the src version.

I agree, the build doesn't serve much point in the binary.

On May 15, 2007, at 5:51 PM, Chris Hostetter wrote:

> I'm Sorry, your message seems to have slipped through the cracks until
> now...
>
> : I get the following error when trying to build from the nightly
> source
> : (http://lucene.zones.apache.org:8080/hudson/job/Lucene-Nightly/75/
> artifact/trunk/dist/lucene-nightly.tar.gz)
>
> the nightly builds are mainly about sanity testing thatthe build
> process
> works -- they produce a "binary" release which doesn't include the
> Lucene
> source at all (just jars and javadocs), so it's not a suprise that you
> can't build from them.  if you want to build the source, please
> fetch it
> from Subversion...
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/trunk/
>
> It would be nice if there was a better error message then just that
> the
> common-build.xml was missing (ideally the build.xml wouldn't be
> included
> in binary releases at all) so feel free to open a bug on that.
>

> -Hoss

Grant Ingersoll
Center for Natural Language Processing
http://www.cnlp.org/tech/lucene.asp