lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Nightly javadocs not being updated?
Date Wed, 09 May 2007 21:34:53 GMT
So, I think what we want is:
Nightly builds on zones (i.e. the jars)
nightly docs and javadocs on p.a.o.

The first is taken care of, the second will need a crontab setup to
export the docs from the SVN repo.  I can set this up and then update
the appropriate docs and remove the redirect on p.a.o

I will also try to figure out the Hudson stuff, as I think it would
be really cool to have the JIRA stuff integrated and patches
automatically applied.

-Grant

On May 7, 2007, at 7:17 PM, Chris Hostetter wrote:

> : I don't see that nightly builds need to be on lucene.apache.org.
> : lucene.zones.apache.org is a fine host for such build artifacts.
> No one
> : should rely on nightly builds.  These are not releases, and, for
> legal
> : reasons, we should not not make them look like releases.
>
> i have no opinion about where the nightly build zip/jar files wind
> up ... or honestly if we have them available for download at
> all ... i'm
> mainly concerend with the forrest generated docs (already copied to
> lucene.apache.org) and the javadocs ... having hte javadocs on
> lucene.apache.org seems better then lucene.zones.apache.org:8000
> both for
> SEO reasons reasons, but also because serving static files seems a
> lot safer then relying on both the "zone" and hudson being up and
> running
> properly.  Also a failed build should mean that the javadocs aren't
> available -- just that the last successful javadocs are available.
> (i'm
> not sure if this is currently a problem with the way Hudson is
> being used)
>

> -Hoss

Grant Ingersoll
Center for Natural Language Processing