lucene-dev mailing list archives

From robert engels <reng...@ix.netcom.com>
Subject Re: Various Ideas from ApacheCon
Date Mon, 07 May 2007 22:35:47 GMT
I think the 'updating documents' issue is almost always related to
unique document updates, where there exists some "primary unique key"
for the document. Is this true?

If so, maybe a de-facto standard like a indexed/stored/non-tokenized
field of OID should be used.

if so, it would be easy to add the following to IndexModifer:

addDocument(Document)
updateDocument(Document)
removeDocument(String OID)
removeDocument(Document)

and that would probably simplify the life of beginning Lucene users,
and it mimics the CRUD syntax most people are familiar with.