lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tests, Contribs, and Releases
Date Thu, 17 May 2007 00:37:33 GMT
Yeah, I hate to admit it and start another round of Maven vs. ANT,
but Maven does take care of darn near all these issues.  :-)  To
share my experience, we are actually in the process of upgrading from
Maven 1 to Maven 2.  The docs are good for the basics (i.e. 80-90% of
what you need), but as soon as you want to get in deeper, it becomes
difficult to figure out w/o digging into the code.  Having said that,
I still think it is worthwhile for what we do.

Plus, since Maven is Apache, it has a lot of things built into it for
managing Apache releases, like signing, publishing, etc.

Now, for us, Maven for the core is quite simple and would be real
easy to setup, it is the contribs that will take a little work to get
in place, but still wouldn't be all that difficult.

To answer your question, though, I don't see any reason not to make
the changes to make the current process more repeatable.

-Grant

Grant Ingersoll
Center for Natural Language Processing
http://www.cnlp.org/tech/lucene.asp