lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Timo Nentwig <tnent...@jamba.net>
Subject Missing Searcher.search() signature
Date Wed, 16 May 2007 16:02:15 GMT
Hello everybody,

I'm about to understand some of Lucene's internals in order to solve a problem which I
think I'd be able to solve by implementing my own HitCollector in conjunction with
Lucene's FieldSortedHitQueue (for sorting).

However, existing Searcher.search() signatures only accept either HitCollector or
Sort, but not both.

Is there some special reason why this signature doesn't exist or is it just because every
possible permutation would be too much (stricly speaking I miss the nDocs argument as well
:)?

Thanks
Timo