lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Various Ideas from ApacheCon
Date Tue, 08 May 2007 00:31:34 GMT
Yep, my advice always is use a db for what a db is designed for (set
manipulation) and use Lucene for what it is good for, but some people
were commenting that DB text search is improving in terms of quality.

I could see that if flex. indexing gets implemented, that we could
implement other storage algorithms that could then be chained to
provide better storage mechanisms for structured data while
maintaining the inverted index for text...

-Grant