lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Nightly javadocs not being updated?
Date Mon, 07 May 2007 12:45:17 GMT

On Apr 30, 2007, at 3:43 PM, Chris Hostetter wrote:

> : The main site link has been updated, but I suppose bookmarks, etc.
> : have not.  I have put in a redirect but it might take a little while
> : to go live.  Not sure why I didn't before.   The cron is still
>
> sorry, it didn't even occur to be to check the link in the left
> nav, and
> yes the redirect is working now.
>
> : copying the checked in forrest site, but not the javadocs, but
> : eventually this will all be through Hudson.    Hoss, if you could
>
> I'm confused ... why only copy the forrest generated files and not the
> javadoc generated files? ... i thought the plan was to rely on real
> flat
> files on lucene.apache.org to keep the URLs nice and clean and protect
> ourselves against the possibility of Hudson (or the whole lucene zone)
> being down?
>
> http://www.nabble.com/Lucene-nightly-build-failure-
> tf3489583.html#a9875495

Yes, that is the plan.  Now it needs to be implemented.  I don't know
about the whole Hudson thing anymore, as I'm not sure it is adding
much value over just running the script.  I'm tending to think we
should just revert back to the script and the old way of storing
builds, etc..  The only thing about the script I would like to see
changed is it to be refactored into smaller scripts that can be run/
tested separately.

> by Grant Ingersoll-5  Apr 06, 2007
>> We are going to setup Hudson to run the nightly.sh so that the
>> website and javadocs are pushed to people.a.o.  I think this makes
>> more sense, b/c if Hudson fails then critical things like the website
>> and javadocs are down, whereas I think p.a.o seems to be better in
>> that regard.  Hudson can still manage the build artifacts.  Plus, I
>> think the URLs for the javadocs are cleaner/prettier when they are
>> under lucene.a.o
>

> -Hoss

Grant Ingersoll
Center for Natural Language Processing