lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "J. Delgado" <jdelg...@lendingclub.com>
Subject Re: Progressive Query Relaxation
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2007 17:40:37 GMT
The idea is to efficiently get the desired result set (top N) at once
without having to re-run different queries inside the application
logic. Query relaxation avoids having several round trips and possibly
could be offered with and without deduplication. Maybe this is a
feature required for Solr rather than for Lucene.

Question: Even if lucene's score is not absolute does it somewhat
determine an partial order among results of different queries?

J.D.

2007/4/9, Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodnetic@yahoo.com>:
> Not that I know of.  One typically puts that in application logic and re-runs or offers
to run alternative queries.  No de-duping there, unless you do it in your app.  I think one
problem with the described approach and Lucene would be that Lucene's scores are not "absolute".