lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Nightly javadocs not being updated?
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2007 19:43:01 GMT

: The main site link has been updated, but I suppose bookmarks, etc.
: have not.  I have put in a redirect but it might take a little while
: to go live.  Not sure why I didn't before.   The cron is still

sorry, it didn't even occur to be to check the link in the left nav, and
yes the redirect is working now.

: copying the checked in forrest site, but not the javadocs, but
: eventually this will all be through Hudson.    Hoss, if you could

I'm confused ... why only copy the forrest generated files and not the
javadoc generated files? ... i thought the plan was to rely on real flat
files on lucene.apache.org to keep the URLs nice and clean and protect
ourselves against the possibility of Hudson (or the whole lucene zone)
being down?

http://www.nabble.com/Lucene-nightly-build-failure-tf3489583.html#a9875495

by Grant Ingersoll-5  Apr 06, 2007
> We are going to setup Hudson to run the nightly.sh so that the
> website and javadocs are pushed to people.a.o.  I think this makes
> more sense, b/c if Hudson fails then critical things like the website
> and javadocs are down, whereas I think p.a.o seems to be better in
> that regard.  Hudson can still manage the build artifacts.  Plus, I
> think the URLs for the javadocs are cleaner/prettier when they are
> under lucene.a.o

-Hoss