lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Lucene Branding: the TLP, and "Lucene Java"
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2007 00:41:17 GMT

I was motivated to start this thread by LUCENE-860, but it's been in the
back of my mind for a while.

As the Lucene Top Level Project grows and get's more Sub-Projects, I
(personally) have been finding it hard in email/documentation/discussion
to clarify when people are refering to the "Lucene" Top Level Project
versus the "Lucene" java project.  I can't help but wonder if the TLP
should have a different name, or if "Lucene Java" should taken on a more
specific name that doesn't just sound like a name followed a langauge --
ie: JLucene, LuceneJ ... anything that makes it more clear that when the
word "Lucene" is used it's talking about the broder Top Level project
address all aspects of OSS Search Software.

Am I the only one that wonders about this as time goes on?

-Hoss