lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Caching in QueryFilter - why?
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 23:38:00 GMT
CachingWrapperFilter came along after QueryFilter.  I think I added
CachingWrapperFilter when I realized that every Filter should have
the capability to be cached without having to implement it.  So, the
only reason is "legacy".  I'm perfectly fine with removing the
caching from QueryFilter in a future major release.

	Erik