lucene-dev mailing list archives

From robert engels <reng...@ix.netcom.com>
Subject Re: Lucene and Javolution: A good mix ?
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2007 02:30:45 GMT
I would suggest that the Javolution folks do their tests against
modern JVM...

I have followed the Javolution project for some time, and while I
agree that some of the techniques should improve things, I think that
modern JVMs do most of this work for you (and the latest class
libraries also help - StringBuilder and others).

I also think that when you start doing you own memory management you
might as well write the code in C/C++ because you need to use similar
techniques (similar to the resource management when using SWT).

Just my thoughts.