lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <grant.ingers...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene and Javolution: A good mix ?
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2007 20:35:53 GMT
I'm not saying I'm against it, but one of the things that makes
Lucene so great is it's lack of dependencies in the core.  It isn't
necessarily a slippery slope, either, if we do add one dependency.

Javolution is BSD license, AFAICT.  I don't know if that is a good or
bad license as far as Apache is concerned, but it should be looked
into before you spend any time on it.

This is not meant to be a discouragement.  If it shows a significant
improvement, people will notice and it will be taken seriously,
especially if it is backward compatible, well tested and well
documented.

-Grant

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.grantingersoll.com/