lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Caching in QueryFilter - why?
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2007 20:28:40 GMT
Sounds like I need to cut that out.
Since caching is built into the public BitSet bits(IndexReader reader)  method, I don't see
a way to deprecate that, which means I'll just cut it out and document it in CHANGES.txt.
 Anyone who wants QueryFilter caching will be able to get the caching back by wrapping the
QueryFilter in your CachingWrapperFilter.

Otis

----- Original Message ----
From: Erik Hatcher <erik@ehatchersolutions.com>
To: java-dev@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, April 4, 2007 7:38:00 PM
Subject: Re: Caching in QueryFilter - why?

CachingWrapperFilter came along after QueryFilter.  I think I added
CachingWrapperFilter when I realized that every Filter should have
the capability to be cached without having to implement it.  So, the
only reason is "legacy".  I'm perfectly fine with removing the
caching from QueryFilter in a future major release.

    Erik