lucene-dev mailing list archives

From HG1212 <furkh...@yahoo.com>
Subject Document Boost
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2007 19:08:27 GMT

Hi there,
I am new to Lucene and would appreciate any help on this. Thank you in
advance.
I want the order of the search results based on the keywords mentioned in
the meta information of the document. For example, if I have two very
similar documents first.htm and second.htm, first.htm has keywords
("security") mentioned in its meta and the second.htm does not mention those
keywords in its meta information, but both documents contain "security" in
its content, then I would want to see the first.htm at the top of the search
results lists.
I tried to boost these keywords (added new fields to the document and
setting the boost for these fields) before adding to the document, but when
I do a search, the results are not as expected.

Any ideas how to accomplish this.

Thanks
HG