lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: spellcheck - additional setter methods
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2007 01:34:51 GMT

I would suggest that instead of adding a lot of methods to SpellChecker
that mimic IndexWRiter methods, we instead make SpellChecker easier to
subclass by making "spellIndex" protected, and refactoring the "new
IndexWriter" code sprinkled throughout the class into a new method that
subclasses can override to set whatever setings they want...

  protected IndexWriter openWriter() throws IOException { ... }

...that way it doesn't matter what changes are made to IndexWriter in the
long run, SpellChecker doesn't need to be changed for basic functionality.

: I can just add the setters now, but other Lucene developers are making
: changes to how mergeFactor and maxBufferedDocs work.  Those two
: parameters may also get deprecated in the process, so it would be better
: to wait for those changes to happen first.

-Hoss