lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: improving RAM usage by IndexWriter
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2007 00:10:40 GMT

: It doesn't apply to SVN head just yet (I need to update the payloads
: commit -- Michael: you returned the favor here!), it's not yet thread friendly
: (though I can do that after first patch), it messes up the merge policy
: when you flush by RAM and not by document count (this is actually already
: an issue in Lucene now and I'm not yet sure how to fix it)...

A dirty broken patch is more still better then no patch at all -- worst
case scenerio: nothing happens; typical scenerio: you get some eyeballs
reading your patch even if they can't apply it; best case scenerio:
someone else is really excited by your patch and does a bunch of cool work
to help you out.

no matter what happens, you can't lose.

-Hoss