lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doron Cohen <DOR...@il.ibm.com>
Subject Re: New Jira Hudson plugin
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 19:04:04 GMT
Nigel Daley <ndaley@yahoo-inc.com> wrote on 14/03/2007 11:22:44:

> I've updated Hudson with a new Jira plugin provided by Kohsuke:
>
>    http://lucene.zones.apache.org:8080/
>
> Jira issue numbers should now be hyper-linked to Jira.  Also, in the
> Hadoop-Nightly build I'm experimenting with a feature of the plugin
> that will update the Jira with a link back to the Hudson build in
> which it was integrated.

I personally like this feature - allows to easily figure out the answer
for:
- did it (issue patch) work well after "integrated"?

However it is not clear to me what "integrated" means though - is it the
first time this issue number appeared in CHANGES.txt? Or the first time
this issue is resolved? Sometimes there is more than a single commit for a
single issue (not best practice I guess, but sometimes an issue is
reopened) - well there be two integration points now?

Also, how long are these old builds saved in the Hudson server? If after
some limit some old builds are removed, the links added to Jira would
become broken?

> For example https://issues.apache.org/jira/
> browse/HADOOP-1115 now has such a link.  If other projects (Lucene,
> Nutch, Solr) want this feature turned on then please let me know.

I think the Hudson link added to HADOOP-1115 is broken, because of a
trailing ')'.