lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Lucene nightly build failure
Date Sat, 31 Mar 2007 23:40:59 GMT

On Mar 31, 2007, at 7:26 PM, Chris Hostetter wrote:

> : I imagine there are user accounts/passwords available.  I volunteer
> : to be his backup, although I hope the only reason I would be needed
> : for it is if he decides he doesn't want to maintain it anymore and
> : not the bus scenario.
>
> Sorry, i didn't mean to be negative -- it's just the classic
> tech documentation/support scenerio that i've come to appreciate is
> even
> more import with OSS projects then it is in a centralized company.
>
> The old nightly builds were built managed in a way that was clearly
> documented, and although not every commiter has an account on
> lucene.zones.apache.org to deal with any changes/problems --
> several do.
> I just want to make sure we have the same level of coverage moving
> forward
> to a new system.

Yep, I agree.  I am working on documenting it and communicating with
Nigel on getting access.  I would propose that the same people who
have zones access should have Hudson access.  One of the benefits to
Hudson is that we don't have to run under a crontab under a specific
account, which makes it easier for several people to maintain.

I will update the Wiki when I get more info.