lucene-dev mailing list archives

From robert engels <reng...@ix.netcom.com>
Subject Re: future releases: Append Function for Indexing
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2007 17:15:53 GMT
If you have "unique ids" available to you, I think the best solution
to accomplish a lot of this would be to use a very simple embedded db
to store the documents (we use a version of JDBM). Just store the key
as a stored field in the Lucene document, and the document in JDBM.

This has the added benefit that merges are much faster with large
documents), since there is no-rewriting/copying of document data
during a merge.

This solution also makes append" trivial, unless you are appending
fields that need to be indexed.