lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <>
Subject Re: Visibility of RegexCapabilities interface?
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2007 02:41:15 GMT

On Mar 6, 2007, at 2:27 PM, Chris Hostetter wrote:
> :
> : is not public in
> :; cannot be accessed from outside
> package
> It looks like this *may* have been a mistake, the commit message says
> "Many javadoc additions, and adding ASL to each file" ...
> java/org/apache/lucene/search/regex/
> r1=359526&r2=381108
> ...but one other interfaces changed from being public to package
> protecte at the same time: RegexQueryCapable ... so it's not clear
> to me
> wether this was a concious choice to "protect" the API or not.
> Erik?

For some reason I had been thinking that interfaces were always
public, but I removed my ignorance (all methods are implicitly
public, but the interface itself is not).  I've just committed a
change to make these two interfaces public - no reason not to.
Interestingly, one of them was already public locally which confused
me a bit as well.

Anyway, all public now!

Sorry for the confusion, Mike.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: