lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Goddard <godda...@saic.com>
Subject Visibility of RegexCapabilities interface?
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2007 20:07:08 GMT
Hi,

When I updated to the latest version of Lucene (Rev 514838), I noticed
that one of my classes would no longer compile.  The error message I got was

   PFRegexCapabilities.java:3:
org.apache.lucene.search.regex.RegexCapabilities is not public in
org.apache.lucene.search.regex; cannot be accessed from outside package

Because I'm using the setRegexImplementation(RegexCapabilities impl)
method of RegexQuery, and have created my own class to implement the
RegexCapabilities interface, the only way I can see to get this to work
is to make this interface public.  Is that a reasonable thing to do with
this interface?  If so, perhaps the attached patch will do the trick.

Thanks.

	Mike