lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexander Kern" <alex.k...@gmail.com>
Subject future releases: Append Function for Indexing
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2007 17:11:33 GMT
As for now, when ever the index of a document needs to be updated, the
complete document needs to be deleted, then newly indexed & finally
added to the index repository. If, however, information merely needed
to be added to the existing document (->appended), the described
procedure creates a great overhead. Up to now Lucene does not provide
an 'append' function.

My question is: Is an 'append' function (or something similar) planned
for future releases, and if not, which classes would be most suitable
for such a function (and contain the  functions needed to support such
a function) if I would want to edit the source to fit my needs.

Many thanks in advance - Alexander