lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael McCandless" <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: improving RAM usage by IndexWriter
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2007 13:32:42 GMT
"Marvin Humphrey" <marvin@rectangular.com> wrote:

> > I think some of these changes are similar to how KinoSearch builds a
> > segment.
>
> Yup...  sounds familiar.  ;)
>
> > I'm still working through some lingering issues before I can make a
> > clean patch,
>
> Well, where is it?  Don't keep it a secret!

Well I still have a few things to do.  It's rather rough now :)

It doesn't apply to SVN head just yet (I need to update the payloads
commit -- Michael: you returned the favor here!), it's not yet thread friendly
(though I can do that after first patch), it messes up the merge policy
when you flush by RAM and not by document count (this is actually already
an issue in Lucene now and I'm not yet sure how to fix it)...

Mike