lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: removal of JIRA attachments
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2007 20:37:30 GMT
On 2/21/07, Doug Cutting <cutting@apache.org> wrote:
> Michael McCandless wrote:
> > Is this (ability to delete patches) something we can disable in Jira?
>
> Yes.  It is controlled by the "Delete Issues" permission: "Ability to
> delete issues, comments and attachments."  Lucene Java uses Jira's
> Standard Permissions, and under those, the Contributor role has this
> permission.  We can switch Lucene Java to use a clone of Standard
> Permissions called "Lucene Java Permissions" and remove this permission
> from that.  Should we do that?

I don't think most of us can see JIRA roles, so I don't know how they
map to the groups like lucene-developer, but I think committers (or
the lucene-developers JIRA group) still need removal privs (to remove
spam, IP issues, *real* removal requests, etc).

Do non-members of the lucene-developers JIRA group currently have the
ability to delete their own attachments?

-Yonik