lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release Lucene 2.1
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 07:55:44 GMT

: > I'm not exactly sure if this is show stopper, but when I get the
: > binary, the build.xml that is included is not usable b/c it is
: > missing common-build.xml.

: Oops... I think we should fix this for the release if at all
: possible.  It is handy for folks to be able to pull down a buildable
: archive and rest assured that they are getting something built at the
: same time the binary was made.

I'm confused ... the binary builds don't even include src/java/ so it's
not a buildable archive by any strech of hte imagination -- how would
having the common-build.xml help assure people of anything?

i'm not even sure why we inlcude the build.xml in the binary releases.

-Hoss