lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doron Cohen <DOR...@il.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release Lucene 2.1
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 06:38:43 GMT
+1

Unless expected out-of-the-box behavior for the source pack
includes compilable contrib/*.

So I'm not sure if this is a stopper... more details below...

> Checking md5's and asc's of 3 of the files was OK.
>   lucene-2.1.0-src.zip
>   lucene-2.1.0.zip
>   lucene-core-2.1.0.jar

Also, all tests pass on Win32/XP, JDK HotSpot 1.5.0_06.

Also, tests pass when the core jar is used (instead of
classes). This is of less importance now since it was already
decided not to include the core jar in this release. However
if future releases would include the jar, it would probably
make sense to have a test target that is using the core-jar.

> Comparing the content of lucene-2.1.0-src.zip with revision 507610
>   6 folders and files only in 507610:
>       [1] contrib/ant/lib
>       [4] contrib/benchmark/lib
>       [9] contrib/gdata-server/lib
>       [1] contrib/lucli/lib
>       [1] contrib/regex/lib   index.html
>   1 file only in 507610:
>       index.html
>
> As result of these differences the following are
> passing in 507610 but fail in 2.1.0 (src):
>
>   "ant compile" from contrib/benchmark (after "ant clean: from trunk).
>   "ant" from contrib/gdata (after "ant clean: from trunk)
>       (actually it failed in 507610 too, but later, because I used jdk
> 1.4.)

In fact I used jdk 1.5, and contrib/gdata failed to compile because it
depends in contrib/ant. (That is, it now fails even if the missing lib
and jars are manually added, and even if built with "ant
-Djavac.source=1.5".)

>   "ant" from contrib/lucli (after "ant clean: from trunk)
>   "ant" from contrib/regexp (after "ant clean: from trunk)

Bottom line, if expected out-of-the-box behavior for the source pack
includes compilable contrib/*, seems this is not the case now. I am
not sure if this is a stopper or not.